Embee Software has a well-defined focus on Microsoft Azure right from IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Over years, the solution offerings of Embee Software on the cloud have only seen constant growth. We have a dedicated Data Analytics team that works on various components of the Azure Data Platform.
Embee provides comprehensive data analytics solutions that include data warehousing, data modelling, data visualizations, and advanced analytics. The technology stack used in the solutions is Microsoft, mostly Microsoft Azure. Our solutions on Azure include the use of Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Analysis Service, Azure ML, etc. Power BI has been used as a visualization layer in enterprise BI solutions.
A global company with operations spread across 5 continents, Super-Max is one of the leading razor blade manufacturing companies. Super-Max product portfolio offers a wide range of shaving solutions with a team of over 7000 people spanning 60 nationalities.
They wanted a comprehensive solution to keep track of their sales while driving value from the customer data. Understanding the client’s scenario, we designed a solution on Microsoft Azure Cloud to cater to the data stored in AWS. The solution also helped in bringing the client’s analytics workload to Azure, which was predominantly using AWS.
The solution steered 50% growth in Azure consumption in sales of Power BI licenses as well.
Challenges faced by the customer-
Embee Software delivered a Data Analytics solution for the sales business unit of Super-Max. They were using third party software Udaan for data storage and then replicate the same in AWS tenant for security purposes. The entire process was manual.
They had been analysing their sales function using a complex excel sheet. With their product finding a day-to-day role to play in the consumer’s life, they needed to keep a track of their sales. Following were the challenges faced by the Super-Max team:
- No real time data visibility
- Manual process for extraction of data from third party software Udaan.
- Lack of data consolidation at single place.
- Excel being the form of reporting, a lot of time was spent on data preparation than data analysis.
- Difficult to track the sales team performance in real-time.
- Lack of actionable insights and holistic view of the product sales.
The solution offered by Embee-
Embee provides comprehensive data analytics solutions that include data warehousing, data modelling, data visualizations, and advanced analytics. They wanted a comprehensive solution to keep track of their sales while driving value from the customer data. Understanding the client’s scenario, we designed a solution on Microsoft Azure Cloud to cater to the data stored in AWS. The solution also helped in bringing the client’s analytics workload to Azure, which was predominantly using AWS.
1) Database Migration: We transferred all the data from AWS to Azure using Azure data factory to build a solution on Azure. It automated the process of updating of data in Udaan and move the database to Azure.
2) The groundwork: Azure Data Factory enabled us to create data-driven workflows in the cloud for orchestrating and automating data movement and data transformation. The Data Factory service created data pipelines that moved and transformed data and then helped us run the pipelines on a specified schedule (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.).
3) Making sense of the data: After that team Embee added all Logics on top of all the data to create views in the form of reports. Logic Apps removed all the hassle associated with hosting, scaling, managing, monitoring, and maintaining solutions built with these services.
Team Super-Max used these capabilities to leverage “serverless” apps and solutions, so that they could just focus on the business logic and the functionality. These services automatically scale to meet the needs, make integrations faster, and help build robust cloud based apps using little to no code.
4) Plug in and witness the unprecedented: After creating the View, Team Embee directly connected the system to the BI. To boost the platform performance and slicing of data on different SQL service analysis on VM instance and created Semantic model- topology kind of thing- relationship between the dimensions and connect the models to BI.
Team Embee joined the server with Active Directory- ADC in Azure which was connected to local domain in AWS, SQL server for proper authentication. We also implied the role-level security and access control for users to view and access relevant pieces of data.
“Embee built a data analytics solution by connecting to data from a SaaS application fed into MySQL database. The highly customized data model provided an automated system for analysing Budget vs Actual, Sales Analysis, Product Analysis, Salesperson Performance Analysis- Which is fabulous!” – Milind Khamkar, Group CIO, Super-Max.
The Impact: –
- Reduced the level of human intervention to analyze real-time data.
- Greater visibility into the data to make effective decisions.
- Availability of insights on mobile devices.
- Ability to question data through Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Provision to manage alerts through integrated automation.
- The achievement of Diagnostic Analytics has opened doors for Predictive Analytics like sales forecasting.
While building a solution is one aspect, adoption of the same is equally important. Due to the in-house application of solutions using Data Analytics, Embee Software is well versed in driving the adoption of solutions. This in turn helps in taking the user to new levels. We have also created industry-specific solutions across various industries like Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Logistics, and Food & Beverages. These solutions are used to accelerate the realization time of the solution in terms of the features and benefits of the solution. With these accelerators, Embee Software reaches its customers and showcases the power of Power BI.
Adoption Training involves sharing of Project document that details the entire solution architecture and BI Report usage from the user standpoint. The data analytics report comprises snapshots of the visuals and ways to navigate through the reports. We also arrange a demo session apart from the document for the users to effectively use the deployed solution. Various features of data analytics are used to add value to the solution and effective communication.