Purchasing licenses of Microsoft Teams is just one part of the story. Real challenge comes in with successfully implementing the Microsoft Teams. All the tremendous effort of rolling-out a great new piece of software within your organization can go waste if its deployment is not done properly.
When we deploy Teams, we do so in stages to transition from organic growth to large-scale access and adoption. From raising awareness to launching a well-orchestrated program disseminated through multiple mediums and channels throughout the entire transition, our Microsoft Teams success team at Embee leverages the engagement of leadership ambassadors, Teams champions and key stakeholder groups from the outset.
Our 24/7 Microsoft Teams Operations team helps support customers’ Teams’ needs along with monitoring key network devices as well as local office capacity using standard tools. Usage reporting consists of a combination of Microsoft-provided data along with customer organization data, which allows us to custom slice the data. Read further to take a deeper dive into our implementation and roll out process.
Embee’s Implementation and Roll out Process involves 4 steps: –
- Network Readiness
- User Readiness
- Launch and Adoption Drive
- Tracking usage Dashboard
Run a check with Local IT Team to assess the Firewall / Proxy for the MS Teams Ports / IPs / URLs requirements
Share the necessary IPs / Ports / URLs for MS Teams access from internal networks to Office 365. Ensure that the minimum bandwidth as required for the following scenarios is available: –
- 30 kbps – Peer-to-peer audio calling.
- 130 kbps – Peer-to-peer audio calling and screen sharing.
- 500 kbps – Peer-to-peer quality video calling 360p at 30fps.
- 2 Mbps – Peer-to-peer HD quality video calling with resolution of HD 720p at 30fps.
- 5 Mbps – Peer-to-peer HD quality video calling with resolution of HD 1080p at 30fps.
- 500kbps to 1Mbps – Group Video calling.
- 1Mbps to 2Mbps – HD Group video calling (540p videos on 1080p screen).
Assist IT Team with User Profiling for total bandwidth requirements with the following checklist:
- Network readiness is complete.
- User mailboxes are successfully migrated to O365.
- SharePoint and OneDrive have been appropriately provisioned.
- Ensure that Teams client is installed on maximum users’ desktops/laptops.
As part of this step, we run and test the solution with limited number of users, verify that users have the required access and ensure everything is operating as per the plan. We perform the following steps and more:
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Ensure every user has logged into MS Teams and confirmed access.
- Document feedback and make necessary changes in the forthcoming plan of action.
- Obtain User Acceptance Testing approval.
- Finalize Go-Live testing.
- Finalize end-user change management.
Launch and adoption drive
Phase 1- Pre-launch
- Conducting Team launch commencement sessions with IT Team.
- Moving IT Team to Teams only mode.
- Sharing the sub-domains or Teams demo URL, for instance https://organizationname.teamsdemo.office.com for look and feel.
- Sending announcements to user about the change in the organization.
- Enable “Notify Skype for Business” users that the platform upgrade to Microsoft Teams is available from Teams Admin Panel.
- Soft launching features for Pilot users such as Teams as chat, collaboration tool, sharing of files and folders with co-authoring, sharing desktop and helping remotely via teams, scheduling meeting, PowerPoint presentation sharing by creating Teams with channels.
- Running awareness drives such as ‘Get to Know’ Teams.
Phase 2: Launch
- An open calendar shared within the organization for Microsoft Teams Demo.
- Overview on Microsoft Teams over Webinar.
- Circulation of the launch materials.
Phase 3: Post-Launch
- Governance quick start for your Microsoft Teams.
- Defining use-case scenarios.
- Onboard early adopters and gather feedback for Microsoft Teams.
- Circulating tips and tricks materials.
- Onboard support activities.
- End user training.
Step 4: Tracking usage Dashboard
Team Embee helps you track usage of Microsoft Teams across the organization. Some of the most common metrics we track are:
- Active Users
- One on one calls
- Total views
- Active channels
- Channel messages
- Chat messages
Teams is built on Microsoft 365 groups, Microsoft Graph, with the same enterprise-level security, compliance, and manage ability as the rest of Microsoft 365 and Office 365. When you onboard Embee as your O365 implementation partner, we make sure that not only Teams is implemented successfully, but also it is well-embraced by your users via webinars, in-person or remote training sessions, 1:1 support, and more- till you will be well on your way in ensuring a positive, delightful Microsoft Teams end-user experience. And as always, if you need any help with your Microsoft Teams adoption, just know Embee can help you get started with your Teams initiatives.
For more than 600 Organizations, Embee has triggered a cultural shift by enabling a more interactive, engaging, and collaborative way of communicating which is a preferred platform to connect than email. Countrywide our customers are experiencing communication and collaboration that is quick, timely, and fluid.
As a Microsoft partner for more than 2 decades, moving to Microsoft 365 is easy with us. Talk to our Microsoft certified consultants who can guide you on identifying the right plan, suggest you setting up and deployment best practices and processes, guide you on migration, and more. We see to it that your business gets the best out of Microsoft 365. We will be your one-stop shop for all your Microsoft Office 365 needs.
Embee provides a wide range of solutions to enable seamless and cost-effective digital transformation for businesses. With 500K+ active seats on Office 365 and the experience of 120k+ virtual machines deployed and managed – Embee is your partner that can help you transition effortlessly. Connect with a team of certified experts to accelerate growth, design a future-ready strategy, increase savings, and amp up productivity. Bring out the best in your workforce cost-effectively with VirtuaPlace.